Get media attention when the news is slow, and it is usually slow during the dog days of summer. How can you leverage the Dog Days of Summer as a marketing opportunity?
Here are some Dog Days of Summer ideas that you might consider:
- Hold a Dog days sale with a dog theme.
- Hold a Dog Days beauty contest.
- Put doggie water-dishes outside your shop.
- Hold a “who looks like their dog” contest.
- Show dog movies like Rin Tin Tin and Lassie.
- Photograph owners with their dogs (or hire a professional photographer)
- Collect and donate money to the animal shelter.
- Mail a Dog Days postcard to your clients and prospects.
- Give away free doggie biscuits.
It might be the Dog Days of summer – but you can still have fun with it.