We are experiencing unusually hot and humid weather - Temperatures around 30 degrees Centigrade and 60% humidity. I was dripping sweat just walking early this morning.
What a marketing opportunity!
Consider the marketing events you might schedule in this type of weather. Here are some ideas to create publicity, survive the humidity and have fun:
- Put a free lemonade stand in front of your shop. Ask for donations that are given to a local charity
- Put inflatable kiddie pools on the front lawn. Fill them with ice and invite contestants to sit in the ice.
- Fry an egg on the sidewalk
- Give away paper fans
- Collect and Post a list of ideas to stay cool (on your website, on a sign, on flyers)
- Interview experts on the best foods to eat and drink
- Invite people to finish the phrase – Johnny Carson style – “it was so hot…”
Leverage everything that happens as a marketing opportunity.